MICROTECH GEFELL by Microtech Gefell
So who are MICROTECH GEFELL?
Initially founded in Berlin in 1928 by Georg Neumann and Erich Rickmann
- Entire company moved to Gefell in 1943 after Berlin factory was destroyed during the bombing
- Georg Neumann GmbH, known as Neumann Berlin restarted in Berlin in 1946. Neumann were then acquired by another manufacturer, and is no longer independent or connected with Neumann Gefell.
- 1993, state returns Neumann Gefell to the Neumann family where it remains to this day as a wholly owned subsidiary of Georg Neumann KG
- The world renowned M7 capsule was first used ‘live’ during the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin
- Production of the M7 capsule for both factories was in Gefell, but supplies to Berlin had to cease during the cold war period.
- The M7 capsule is still manufactured in Gefell only; new M7 capsules are not supplied to any other microphone manufacturer.
- The PVC membranes are still handmade today, following exactly the method used by Georg Neumann
- Many new developments have been built upon this wealth of experience, including ranges of PET membranes, metal diaphragms in nickel, and the development of extreme high stability technologies such as ceramics in capsule manufacture
- Microtech Gefell are also one of the world’s leading manufacturers of test and instrumentation microphones. Many innovations in studio microphones owe their existence to this.